Neuromuscular diseases are the diseases which impair the functioning of muscles either directly by affecting the voluntary muscles or by affecting the nerves or neuromuscular junctions. Progressive muscle weakness is the condition in these diseases. Neuromuscular diseases can be classified as diseases of the Neuromuscular junction, Anterior horn cell disorders, Motor neuron diseases etc. In order to diagnose these diseases, Electromyography must be done. During Electromyography, small electric impulses are given to the nerves and electrical responses are recorded. This helps to identify the loss of nerve fibres and problems of insulation of nerves.
- Track 1-1 Motor Neuron Diseases
- Track 2-2 Syndromes Caused by Weak Muscles
- Track 3-3 Disorders of Neuromuscular Junction
- Track 4-4 Anterior Horn Cell Diseases
- Track 5-5 Electromyography