Neuro Examination Techniques
Neurological examination is done to identify the presence of abnormality and locate the abnormality within the nervous system. Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging are major imaging methods used for neurodiagnosis. MRI is used to detect intracranial and intraspinal abnormalities. Electro Encephalo Graphy(EEG) measures the brain electric activity. Traditional EEG machines are gradually being replaced by computerized systems that convert EEG data into digital format. Electromyography and Nerve conduction studies help in differentiating neurogenic and myogenic disorders. Abnormalities in nerve conduction helps in identifying Neuropathies. Cerebro Spinal Fluid examination provides the differential diagnosis of CNS infections, meningitis, encephalitis, etc. CSF examination also helps in detecting intracranial bleeding. Biopsy and DNA examinations also help in effective diagnosis of neurological disorders.
- Track 1-1 Patient Examination- Adults and Children
- Track 2-2 Nerve Conduction Studies
- Track 3-3 Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Electroencephalography
- Track 4-4 Biopsy and Neurovascular Imaging
- Track 5-5 Neuropsychologic Evaluation
- Track 6-6 Cerebro Spinal Fluid and DNA Examination